Explore Alaska's uniqueness in ruggedness, and individualism made through the use of small planes. Aviation buffs will love to watch planes take off and land on Lake Hood. At the museum learn the unique history small planes played in the development of the Alaskan Territory. A great way to see Lake Hood and check out the fascinating seaplane base. You don’t want to miss out on this exceptional Alaskan adventure!
This tour includes a tour of the Alaska Aviation Museum as well (Museum admission included)! Take a walking tour through the history of aviation in Alaska after experiencing it yourself on a Segway!
What we'll do
You will meet at the Aviation Museum on 4721 Aircraft Drive. There you will have an approximately 15-30 minute orientation, including a short film session to familiarize yourself with the Segway. Then it's off on your hour to hour 1/2 Segway Tour. The museum pass can be used any time before or after the Tour.
You will experience the Segway ride around historic Lake Hood and Lake Spenard. Glide your way through the world’s busiest seaplane basin with airplanes taking off, landing and flying overhead. This tour is great for families, and groups of friends!
What to expect / what's provided
• Tour by Segway
• Training Film
• Segway Orientation
• Helmets (Mandatory)
• Closed-toe shoes only
• Small bags and purses only
• Appropriate clothing for the weather, i.e. extra layer of warm clothes, jacket, gloves, etc.
• NOT Allowed On Segway - High-heeled shoes, open toe, or sandals,
• NOT Allowed On Segway – taking picture of self, others or scenery*
* Tour Guide will take individual and group pictures while participants are on the Segways.
• NOT Allowed On Segway - Backpacks, large bags, or medium-large purses
(some items can be safely stored on site - call for availability)
Not suitable for
• Pregnant women
• People who are under 90 lbs.
• People who are over 275 lbs.
• People with mobility impairment*
*Call for an available alternative mode of transportation
Complete training and test ride- training session takes approximately 15-30 minutes.
Children under 12 will be tested for the ability to navigate safely and to ride on a Segway.
Change of plans? No problem. Cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a refund.